From GIS to Remote Sensing Wishes You Happy 2016

In this first post of 2016 I would like to wish you a Very Happy New Year!
2015 has been an intense year for the remote sensing field, especially considering the launch of Sentinel-2 satellite, which is now acquiring wonderful images such as the following one (Rome, acquired on 18/12/2015).

Image of Rome, acquired by ‪‎Copernicus‬ ‪‎Sentinel-2‬ on December 18th 2015


In February 2015, I have released the version 4.0 of the Semi-Automatic Classification Plugin; since then, I have released about 40 updated versions of the plugin, trying to improve the functions thereof, such as the download and pre processing of Landsat and Sentinel-2 images, Landsat pan-sharpening tool, and other tools for easing the classification process. Hopefully, in 2016 the plugin manual will be available in several languages thanks to all the volunteers that are working on the translation.


Of course, many thanks you to the people involved in the projects QGIS, GDAL, Python, Matplotlib, NumPy, and Qt, which are pillars of the plugin, as described in the following scheme.


I sincerely thank all the users who have joined the Facebook group and the Google+ community . I am very happy to see many people all over the world using my plugin, and for me this is a big motivation in continuing to develop it.
Also, I would like to express my gratitude to all the donors who have invested in this open source project.

Again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Luca


Newer posts Older posts