I have started developing the new version 5 of the Semi-Automatic Classification Plugin for QGIS.
This will be a major updated with several new functions and a revamped interface.
In particular, the interface will have a unified dock (merging the ROI dock and Classification dock of the previous version) to gain more space for the display of the image. Also, several tools will be moved to a toolbar for rapid access to ROI creation and classification previews.
Following a preview of the new interface (there could be changes in the final version of SCP).
Another major change will be in the input file, with a new file format that will store both ROI polygons and spectral signatures.
Following a brief trailer about this new version.
Other changes that I have planned so far are:
- new tools for the classification refinement (sieve, dilation, erosion) and raster editing;
- revamped scatter and spectral signature plot;
- preprocessing of ASTER images provided by the USGS;
- the display of several spectral indices for pixels during ROI creation;
- new tool for batch processing;
- new tool for managing color composites;
I am still developing this new version, so hopefully other tools will be added before the final release, which is expected in September 2016.
For any comment or question, join the Facebook group and the Google+ Community about the Semi-Automatic Classification Plugin.